Correct Way To Spell Grey
And neither can the vowel in gray the unit for food irradiation it s always spelled with an a.
Correct way to spell grey. They refer to a color of a neutral tone between black and white and can also be used metaphorically to convey gloom and dullness. Gray must be always be spelled gray. 1 gray 0 001 kgy 1 joule of energy absorbed per kilogram of food irradiated. Use gray for american english.
All three of those spellings present as incorrect in my australian english spell check on internet explorer 10. Adjective grey er grey est noun verb used with or without object gray 1. Grey is the preferred spelling in british english but gray is more common in american english. Your writing at its best.
I m american but i enjoy earl grey tea named after charles grey 2nd earl of grey the british prime minister from 1830 to 1834. Used for centuries both gray and grey come from the old english word grǽg and are related to the dutch word grauw and the german word grau. However gray is the more popular spelling in the us while grey reigns supreme in the uk as well as ireland australia and other places that use british english. As in the aluminium is grey in colour.
The correct spelling is grey. Food irradiation quantity of radiation energy absorbed by the food as it passes through the radiation field during processing. If grey is someone s last name you obviously shouldn t change it to gray to match the way you think it should be spelled. Greyhound as in the dog breed.
The modern day spelling of gray grey actually comes from the old english grǣg. Proper nouns such as a last name earl grey and zane grey would not be spelled gray and l h. In america they would write aluminum is gray in color. If you re in the united states the most commonly accepted way to spell the term is with an a gray in the united states gray appears roughly 20 times for every appearance of grey 2.
Who was earl grey. Throughout the centuries there have been many variations in spellings ei and ey and ai and ay. Gray and grey are both correct spellings of the word for the neutral or achromatic color a color without color between black and white like a cloud covered sky ashes or lead.
- How To Make My Phone Charge
- How To Make Your Bathroom Look Bigger
- How To Improve Relationship With Husband
- How To Make Mascara Not Clump
- How To Make A Half Ponytail
- How To Hand Wash Delicate Clothes
- How To Make Cut Flowers Last
- How To Make Computers Run Faster
- How To Lose Under Chin Fat Fast
- How To Make Your House Smell Good With Vanilla
- How To Get Soap Scum Off Bathtub
- How To Make Fake Pics
- How To Hem A Shirt Without A Sewing Machine
- How To Open Up A Chick Fil A
- How To Get Wine Cork Out Without Corkscrew
- How To Have A Cute Voice
- How To Look Rich On A Budget
- How To Lose Fat Really Fast
- How To Help Someone With Intimacy Issues
- How To Keep Fresh Flowers Last Longer